To be eligible for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule, you must:
- Have children aged between 2–17 years on any one day of the calendar year
- Be in receipt of certain government benefits ie: Family Tax Benefit Part A
- Be eligible for Medicare
What is available to claim under the Medicare Child Dental Benefit?
Benefits for basic dental services are capped at $1,000 per child over 2 consecutive calendar years. If you do not use all of your $1,000 benefit in the first year of eligibility, you can use it in the second year if you are still eligible. Any remaining balance will not be carried forward at the end of the second year.
- fissure sealing
- root canals
- extractions, and
- partial dentures
- Cosmetic Dental Work
- Dental services provided in hospital.
- There are some restrictions for dental services. These are listed in the Guide to the Child Dental Benefits Schedule on the Department of Health’s website.
- Medicare Child Dental Benefit Schedule services will not count towards the Medicare Safety Net or the Extended Medicare Safety Net thresholds.
Read more about the Medicare Child Dental Benefit here on the Human Services website.
Come in and see Katelyn our Oral Health Therapist at Harris Dental Boutique and receive your full fee refunded 100% by medicare under the Child Dental Benefit Schedule. Contact us today on 07 41590660.